Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mother Nature Wins

As always, Mother Nature periodically rips through to make sure we all know she is still in charge.
Here in North Georgia she has shown us her strength and fury with tornados.
Tonight she is dancing in with strong winds and a freeze.
It had been really nice here this week and my trees decided it was time to bloom. My peach trees and plum trees I had so carefully pruned are blooming quite beautifully.
Tonight it will dip down into the upper 20's, freezing my blooms and robbing me of a nice fruit harvest. I sure hope the weather man is wrong with this prediction.

                                      ***First signs of spring are the dandelions***

At any rate, I made sure the sheep were locked into a cozy stall and the baby ducks and chicks are back in my basement, safe from the cold wind.
The heat has been turned back on, and the kids are tucked into bed under warm quilts.

                               ***This free range rooster follows the horse and scratches the horse manure, leaving the grass better fertilized and free of "poo clumps"***


This past weekend we celebrated the birthdays of my number 2 and number 3 kids.
We had a nice family party complete with an ice cream cake and a homemade cheesecake. Earlier in the week we took each one out for lunch and a little shopping.

                                                ***Indiana turned 13****


                                                      ***Quinn turned 15***

This weekend I am taking my two oldest to Huntsville so they can attend the Home School Prom with some friends. I will be sure to update Monday and let you all know how our first prom goes:-)

******************************************************************************
For those of you who are local, we are still taking pre-orders for pastured chickens. They will be ready in late June. The deposit is $5 a bird and the remaining $10 is due when you pick it up.

I also have one more slot open for the Bee Keeping Workshop on April 13th. The cost is $50 but you will take home a fantastic bee keeping book and the confidence to keep your own hive. As a bonus you can meet the new lambs and give Lucy a nice scratch behind the ear.

Contact me via email: mybarefootfarm@catt.com


I hope that spring is showing itself where you are and that if you are getting this cold, blistery weather I hope you are tucked into a warm house.

Have a fantastic day!!


1 comment:

  1. We were supposed to get a hard freeze tonight too, I was worried about my cool weather crops already growing in the ground. But as of now there is at least a 1/2 in of snow on the ground, so I bet they'll make it. Snow! On March 20 in North Carolina! Happy birthday to your kids! The cakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...