Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tempting Tuesday

Today Devin finally has a day off from work. He's been working long stretches of night shifts but he's off one day before gong back on another stretch. That's life in the ER.

I promised him that he could sleep and then we would do no projects today. No gardening, no cutting wood, no painting, no work. Nothing. Nada.

                                                  ****The flower bed is blooming****

He's bad about spending his one day off like these working all day around the house. We'll see if he can rest today instead:-) Later tonight we just might hit Chattanooga for dinner and a walk across the Teneessee River.

I think I will use my time to catch up on a few sewing projects. I have done really well  these last few nights of finishing up crocheting projects I had started but needed to finish. I don't sleep well when he's working nights so I have been up late each night.

*** I believe the ants eat through the bottom of the flower and suck out the nectar***

FUN FACT: Ants are loaded with protein and if you pinch their heads off and eat them...well they taste like sweet tarts. My oldest used to eat them al of the time when she would play outside as a toddler. Can I get a "Mom of the Year" award????

I think summer is officially here as it will be 90 degrees today with tons of humidity. The windows are closed and the A/C is running. We had more than our fair share of rain  over the weekend and therefore spent yesterday cleaning coops and animal enclosures. Memorial Day is coming up and we plan to have a cookout with some family.

Belle has become quite the expert at jumping her electric fencing. If she sees better grass on the other side she will escape. It's a bit of a rodeo to get her back in as she loves to run and buck. I am thinking I should have named her Cowgirl.

                         *** Ghost is always quietly sitting and watching from the woods.***

Her calf Daisy is now being called Stella. The older girls wanted me to name her Stella from the start but I really liked Daisy. My oldest has been calling her Stella so much that I have found myself saying "Stella." They got the name from "Street Car Named Desire" and their plan is that one day, when she's a milking cow, I will be outside calling the cows in and will be yelling "STELLA!!!!!!"

That's how my Journee thinks, and I am sure she is laughing thinking about the day. At any rate, the sweet heifer calf is now a Stella in my mind, so I think I will play along.

 
       *** My heirloom lima beans FINALLY started to germinate! It has taken a very long time!***

The garden is slowly starting to sprout life and I decided to plant corn, and so I expect to be planting the rest of my goodies this week. I ordered heirloom corn and hope it will germinate well.

Here's hoping everyone has a great day.

****UPDATE: Devin just walked in the door from work. He stopped at the store and bought tile so he can start tiling the basement bathroom. (sigh) I am not sure when he will start doing the tile work but I bet he squeezes it in between shifts this week. He's a hard worker, that's for sure.****




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly
    all of your post's to be exactly I'm looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content for yourself?
    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome website!

    Feel free to visit my web-site; Web Site

    ReplyDelete

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...