Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Strawberry Cream Trifle

So my favorite place to eat out, when I am lucky enough to go out, is The Olive Garden. I LOVE that place. I have only a couple of things I eat there, I am so adventurous.:-)
One thing that I REALLY, REALLY love is a strawberry dessert that comes in a little dish. It only take me a few bites to eat it all up....the name of the dessert escapes me. It has strawberries and syrup and white chocolate pudding in it. It is so good.

Well, because I am so desperate creative I have come up with my own version, a copycat. We are having some tonight too, since I loaded up on cheap strawberries yesterday.

Excuse the poor lighting in the photos. We have been having some crazy stormy weather today and therefore it was dark outside.

Start by slicing strawberries into quarters and then stir a little sugar in them. I usually cut up about 2 pounds of berries.

Now in another bowl pour in a can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 1/2 C water. Mix it with a whisk.

Add to the milk mixture a box of Cheesecake Instant Pudding.

Whisk it all together and let it set for 5 minutes.
Add 8 oz of whipped topping. You can also whip some cream and use that( it's always better with whipped cream!). Stir it all together well.


Get yourself a pound cake and cut it into cubes. I buy the large cake and let it sit on the counter several hours to defrost.

Now all you need to do is put some cake in the bottom of a pretty bowl. Drizle some strawberry syrup over the cake cubes.

Put some strawberries on top.

Now put some of the pudding mixture on next.

Repeat until you are all done. You can now leave it with pudding on top or smother some more whipped topping on top. Grate some white chocolate for garnish if you are feelin' a little crazy.

Now, isn't that pretty? All that needs to be done is to cover it and put it in the fridge until dessert time. Oh, don't forget to lick the bowl! Yeah, I didn't think you would!


Strawberry and Cream Trifle

1/2 C strawberry syrup
2 pounds Sliced strawberries, sprinkled with sugar
1 prepared pound cake, cubed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 C water
1 box instant pudding, cheesecake flavor
8 oz whipped topping, plus more for garnish if desired


Combine milk, water and pudding mix in a bowl. Whisk well and let stand 5 minutes. Add whipped topping. Combine well.
Place some cake in bottom of bowl. Drizzle some syrup over the cake. Put some strawberries on next and then add some pudding next, Repeat layers until all gone. Top with whipped topping and grated white chocolate if desired. Store in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...