Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

I feel like today was "Ground Hog Day." Not the cool day in February when we all wish warmer weather was lurking around the corner, but the movie with Bill Murray. Everything has been done twice around here.
*Leia, the farm goat*
The day started as a day to be productive. I mopped, washed all the towels in the house that were dirty (that equals a bunch o' towels in this house) and decided it would be a great day to catch up on things like make up pancake and muffin mixes for the week. The kids dutifully finished school but then I got distracted.
*Willow being silly*
You see I had this fabulous layer cake that was begging to be pieced into a quilt so I pulled out my sewing machine and got busy sewing.

Here's where it all started. I finished sewing all of the squares together and the border when Zeb needed some milk to drink. Just as I was pouring the milk I spied the baby crawling into the pantry. No biggie, I would grab him in a few seconds. Then after those few seconds the door closed and I heard a noise from inside that pantry. "Oh no! I smell something familiar coming from the pantry!"
 * a mess from my past*
Well, behind my door was a gallon jug of peach melomel (wine). I made it over a year ago and was waiting to buy wine bottles to bottle it so it could ripen another 6 months. There sat my baby in a hug puddle of wine as he continued to pour it out on my floor. One gallon of homemade labor gone.

I yelled for the girls to get "all hands on deck" so we could grab the freshly washed towels to sop up the wine. Indiana changed the baby while the rest of us cleaned the floor.

I washed the towels.....lather, rinse, repeat.

I mopped the floor...lather, rinse, repeat.

I decided I would make more wine next summer when the peaches ripen...lather, rinse, repeat.

I continued to sew. This was when I realized that quilters are crazy people. You see, I sewed 36 blocks together and added a border around those blocks. The next step was to cut it all up into blocks again and sew those back together...lather, rinse, repeat.
* Cutting the first piecing*
Who in their right mind does that????? I do. A. Lot.

Think about that next you see a quilt or your granny gives you one as a gift. That quilter, your granny....is crazy.
*The start of the second piecing*

Speaking of CRAZY! I somehow was placed on a vote for Top 25 Family Blogs on Circle of Moms. What crazy cat put me on there? Well, I just discovered this and really do not want to finish last. I am close to the being in that 25 group. Will you vote for me HERE? My picture isn't even on there, but I have no clue how to fix that since I have no clue how I got there....BUT I frequently read A Baker's Dozen and love her. She is currently #2. I actually voted for her several times before discovering I was there too. You can vote once a day. So vote tonight and then tomorrow you can....lather, rinse and repeat!

The positive side of all this mess was that the house smelled deliciously like wine.

You can't find that scent in a Yankee Candle!

Have a groovy night, ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...