Monday, May 19, 2014

Cows on a Monday


Well we had a very rainy weekend, so rainy the sheep could be sheared. Next weekend we will try again. In the meantime, the sheep are all up close to the house enjoying the grass.



I lost many meat birds to the cold weather and rain. I figured they were old enough to handle some inclement weather, however I was wrong. Poor birds. I am left with only half and last night those survivors were kept under tarps with brood lamps. Today the weather is making a turn around. It is sunny and in the 70's.  This week will be hot and humid and I expect my mucky animals lots will dry out.

We are wrapping up the school year and prepping for a little graduation party for Journee. The bees are really starting to populate and I plan to inspect hives tomorrow. Wednesday Devin will drive to Knoxville and pick up for me 2 more Russian hives.

This morning I made a wheel of cheese and then headed outside to snap a shot or two of my ladies.

  Lucy is always the easiest to photograph as she is so super friendly.


Penny is still shy but the look of my shoe had her very curious.

Now all I have to do is make a party store list, clean my house and cook some meals. If I can only drag myself from the animals, the sewing machine, and my spinning wheel.....well, I guess I can't play everyday.

Here's hoping the dreary weather is gone for a while! It's been a hectic Monday here but that's OK.
Hope you have a great day!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...