Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Mexico Vacation

I am back!!!
The farm girl needed a vacation, so Devin and I took a week off for a Western Caribbean cruise.
 Thank you to parents for watching kids and my big girls for keeping my blog fresh with posts.

It was a nice vacation. I love Mexico.

I have always loved Mexico, especially the intense Caribbean sun and the cold Mexican beer.
The people? They are fabulous too.

Although most stops were a little too commercialized for my liking, we did eat some authentic food at a couple of stops.





One stop was in Cozumel. We spent the day sitting on the beach and in a pool drinking beer. It was  a luxury to not have any schedule or agenda for the day. The food there was better than any of the cruise ship food too, but I am partial to authentic Mexican food.


We also made a stop in Belize.  I had never been to this country before but had only heard wonderful things about the landscape and the people. It was all true.
Although Belize is a poor country, the people were friendly and educated and spoke English quite well. We paid for an excursion that included zip lining through a part of the jungle and tubing through a crystal cave. I do have a fear of heights, but the zip lining crew was fabulous and I had a blast. Afterwards we ate some authentic beans and rice, along with a Belizean beer. Our guide (Nuri) was such a super guy and made the trip top notch.
One of the aspects of Belizean life that stood out most to me is the mix of culture. There are many different dialects of language spoken and many different cultures of people and yet everyone seems to get along. There were no overweight people there either, as their version of fast food was fresh fruit along the road. There were may small vendors too selling a meal of  rice, beans and a piece of fresh bread. No McDonalds.

Did I mention we cruised with a couple of close pals? This made the trip even more fun, plus we had pals to hang with during dinner and after dinner.


Of course, our favorite stop was in Costa Maya.
We actually visited Costa Maya 12 years ago when it was still "untouched" by cruise commercialization and we fell in love.
There is a small fishing village just there and its residents are some of the lovliest you will ever meet.

This trip was not the same, but the water was still pristine and beautiful, and the people who served us food and drinks were very generous. ( I even got a peck on my cheek from lovely man)

Again, the sun and air there is like nothing you will ever experience in the sates. Devin spent some time wading through the water while I sat back and enjoyed the air and the view.

Now we are back home and feeling some "vacation jetlag." It is difficult to get my mind back into a farm and home school routine, but I am sure that by the weekend I will be there. I hope.

How does someone like me manage a vacation when I have 12 cows and numerous other farm animals?
Well, I have fabulous teens who can manage ALL of the farm chores. This is important for any farmer, to have a back up person should illness happen or a vacation is needed. We also have parents who can step in and help with some child care. If you don't have parents, maybe you have a close friend?

If you ever get a chance to visit Mexico or Belize, I highly suggest you do so! I hope to see the beautiful sun and beaches of Mexico again next year...we will see how that goes:-)

Glad to be back Ya'll!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...