Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ewwwwww, That's Nasty

There's nothing quite like a three year old to name call your dinner.

I threw caution to the wind and tried a new recipe by PW. They were steak sandwiches and they were delicious, even if the three year old shoved his off his plate and said, "Ewww, that's nasty!" (sigh)

But dessert? It was an old stand by, a favorite. It was gobbled up quickly and the kids adorned me with praises as if I were a Queen.

The three year old got his dessert. The rule is " Eat a lot of dinner and get a lot of dessert. Eat a little dinner and get a little dessert. "

He got a smidgen of dessert.
 **Bumpit is still trying to decide what she thinks of the hens who grace the back deck every afternoon.**



 **Fletcher, like most toddlers, loves an empty box more than any toy on the planet.**

Last night was the annual banquet for the local squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, a group both of my teen daughters are involved in.
We had to dress up nice and cook some pot luck food to share.



 I must say we looked good and we had a great time, despite the lack of carrot cake cupcakes. This is an inside reference, top secret. Classified. I am sure Journee is giggling right now:-)


My honey bees were also out yesterday. I placed pollen patties on the hives and decided to raise some queens from the stock I have. All my new packages I purchased last year have died. I think it's time to keep making increases from survival hives.

*****
That dessert? Here it is. Truly it is simple and quick to whip up. I usually bake it while I am finishing dinner. I always have the ingredients in my pantry and the kids LOVE it. ENJOY!

Here you go:


Fudge Spoon Pie


½ C butter
1 ounce square unsweetened chocolate
1 C sugar
½ C flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, slightly beaten
Ice Cream

Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat. Stir often. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla. Pour batter into greased 8” baker or pie dish. Bake at 325 for 22 minutes (do not over bake). Serve warm with ice cream.


Ya'll have a great day!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...