Friday, January 21, 2011

I Must Be Hungry!



This week has been a week of getting back to out routine, and also organizing things back to where they should be.
I actually made out a chore chart, which I have not done in a kazillion years. I will let ya'll know how that works out. I decided to shake things up so that the kids were not "stuck" only doing the same chores over and over. I will switch out every week. I like to shake things up sometimes like that:-)

I have also been cooking and baking. When I am not doing those things I am craving and drooling over new recipes. Tonight we are having Chicken Marbella and I will let ya'll know how that turns out. So far the marinade smells so good.

For today I am going to give a recipe for a great "go to" cake. You know what that means? This is a cake that you most likely have all of the ingredients for and you can whip it up in a snap! It uses a boxed cake mix too which makes it very simple. I got the recipe from a friend and last night I my kids devoured it! It's that good...so I am keeping it around so we can become true friends. Let me introduce you.

Blueberry and Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1 8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 box yellow cake mix
1 3oz box instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla
2 C blueberries

Preheat oven 325 and grease and flour a bundt pan.
Combine cream cheese and oil until creamy. Add cake mix, pudding, vanilla and eggs. Combine well. The mixture will be thick. Fold in blueberries. Pour into pan and bake about an hour. Cool on rack 5 minutes then turn out of pan. Let cool 20 minutes before you dig an and gorge yourself. Please remember to save a sliver for your spouse and children.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...