Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Year to be Grateful

Happy New Year to everyone! I must say that I am looking forward to this new year as I am ready for a new start. 2010 was a bittersweet year, a year full of sadness and joys.
The last 2 weeks have been filled with many reflections of what I am so grateful for and what I wish for the many months ahead.
It snowed here on Christmas day! This was a white Christmas, something that hasn't happened in 40 years! Who would have imagined snow in Georgia on Christmas? I tell you, this upcoming year will be a special one. Just wait and see.


Without a doubt I have been blessed with an amazing family. There has been no greater blessing than my children and for that I am forever grateful.

I am especially thankful this year to have received this little guy.

He arrived when we needed him most and the whole family is in awe of his sweetness.

Goals for the year? Oh I have many.
1. Clean out the junk in this house! When you have 9 people under the same roof you tend to collect many items, some not useful. I plan to spend the next several months getting rid of the clutter. I'll let you know how that goes.

2. Write more. It is so therapeutic and yet I tend to make it last on my huge list of things to do....no more!

3. Raise queen bees. I have always wanted to raise queens and this year I intend to do just that. I lack only a few tools that I will be ordering this month, then I just have to draw out my plans for where to put the hives.

4. Plant a bit larger of a garden. Though I really liked the ease of small garden beds, I really miss growing my own corn and pumpkins. Devin has lovingly agreed to till an area for my corn and pumpkins. I also plan to grow everything from seed and that time will soon be here to start the seeds.

5. Support orphan groups more. 147millionorphans.com does great work and although I have supported them this year, I intend to do more...give more. Is there any greater cause? There are other groups out there as well and I will find them.

6. Support 318partners and LINK. Both of these organizations help the victims of North Korea. One of my dearest friends is a human rights activist for North Korea and this cause is certainly worth everyone's attention.

7. Finally, I will continue life as the mom of many. I will have bad days and good ones. I will be exhausted at times and well rested other times. I will be super productive and I will get nothing accomplished. I will grow some gray hair along the way, but I will always be grateful for the year and what it brings. Here's to 2011.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...