Saturday, January 22, 2011

Whole Wheat Pancake Mix


Whole wheat pancakes are a regular breakfast around here because they are not only delicious but VERY easy. Years ago I rarely made pancakes because that meant pulling out the wheat grinder first thing in the morning which also meant little kiddos all around me on chairs "helping." I prefer that my young chefs help me after I have at least had one cup of tea...or a shower. (I am not the sweetest morning person sometimes)
No longer a problem. I make up several mixes and store them in my freezer. All I have to do is add my wet ingredients and we are set for breakfast. Here is my special pancake mix post for all of my dear wheat grinding moms!


Grind up a great big bowl of soft white wheat. It will take 3 C of flour per batch.

Line up some 1 gallon sized freezer bags and label them "Pancake Mix." I buy sturdy bags and reuse them time and time again for these mixes.
In each bag place the following dry ingredients:


3 C soft whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Now seal the bags up. Store them in the freezer and when you want to make pancakes just take a bag out and dump it into a mixing bowl. Add these wet ingredients:

1/4 C oil
1/4 C honey
2 eggs
2 C milk
Mix well.
You can write the ingredients on the bag if you wish.
These flatten and stack well for the freezer. Who says homemade can't be convenient?

Next week I am going to answer some emails I have gotten from a few readers. I was surprised to see my inbox had questions! Next week...I'm on it! Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...